Friday, August 7, 2015

Time for School Capsule: Tops


Next on my list is tops.

I was going to sew up a couple of T-shirts and have that be the end of it, mainly because they are a staple that my daughter needs for after school (gymnastics, soccer, you get the idea). I also need to make some more tank tops -- my favorite is the Twisted Tank by Titchy Threads. It sews up so beautifully. I recently made one for my younger daughter (you can see it here and here), and I dress her in it all the time.

But of course, I am feeling a bit ambitious now that I am making my list, and I have chosen more tops than I had originally intended (I think I said I would stick to one). Let's see how many I actually end up making, ha ha.



First up: Puperita's Little Stars shirt. I recently sewed up the very sweet Hula Hoop Dress by Puperita. You can read about it here.

Isn't that collar cute? I think it goes well with the "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" style. Maybe with a cute pleated skirt? Available here.

Next is the lovely Amour Top by Filles a Maman. I love the name of this top. It's so romantic. And the collar! Besides, you can't be inspired by a French movie and NOT have a French design (or two) on your list, right?

Available here and here.

And because my other criteria for the tops was not to have too many buttons, I am looking at Lil Luxe's Rouche & Division Top.


Love that back detail!! Have you seen the versions that Call Ajaire made? So cute!
Available here.

I've also had my eye on Lil Luxe's Reversible Crop Top ever since I saw Needle and Ted's version here. Isn't that outfit amazing? I totally want it for myself! But I digress...

Finally, how could I not include Oliver and S's Class Picnic Blouse?

It is a quick and satisfying sew, and no buttons or zips! I've already made a couple versions (here and here). And it's meant for wovens! I think that's a winner winner chicken dinner, don't you?

Hopefully I'll have time to make them all in time for September...

If you have other ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. And don't forget to join the sew-a-long on Facebook! If you're on Instagram, you can use the hashtag #TFScapsule. Thanks for visiting!

Emi

2 comments:

  1. I might have more rouche and divisions planned for this fall ;) Such great pattern choices!! I love the reversible crop top too. My girl used it for her christmas outfit last year and again, I have some fall plans for it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I can't wait to see what you do with these patterns. You always make such cool things!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik