Friday, March 18, 2016

Puperita's Tiny Mice Dress

Ah Puperita! I love Annalisa's patterns so much, and have been meaning to post this dress for the longest time. It's such a sweet dress that I felt it deserved the spotlight.

I had been saving this Heather Ross unicorn fabric for the longest time. In fact, I can't even remember when I bought it, but I do remember thinking that my daughter would absolutely love it. It must have been around the time that she started asking if Father Christmas could bring her a unicorn and I had to tell her that was a pretty tall order -- to which she replied, "No, Mommy, not a REAL unicorn. We can't have a real unicorn in our house! A pretend one is okay." Umm...how about some unicorn fabric? 

I just couldn't decide on what dress to make with it, though. It had to be a dress; nothing else would do. And then I saw this beautiful, beautiful Tiny Mice dress made by Jenya, and I knew I wanted to make one, too. In fact, she has made another one that is just as sweet here

So I held my breath as I cut into the precious fabric, and followed Annalisa's clear instructions to end up with a lovely, fully lined dress. The only thing I did differently was to leave off the ribbon in the front. I know! What? How could I NOT make the ribbon - I, who add a ribbon to everything?!  


Well, if you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that when my daughter saw the dress, she declared that she had a belt that would go perfectly with it. Too bad it's made from cardboard, ha ha!

I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of the back or the inside, but this was just an impromptu photo shoot that I totally forgot about doing that. Oops. But I do love when a dress is lined. Gives it such a nice touch. 


The back closes with loops, but an experienced sew-er could easily change it to add a zipper instead. The pattern runs from size 3 months - 6 years, and comes with the choice of short or long sleeves. It's a pretty A-line style, and I love how the front is higher, sort of like a hi-low but just at the waist and not the hem. 

Okay, I'll leave you with just two more pictures of my daughter doing her best dinosaur impression. 


Or maybe she's playing the piano? T-rex or Beethoven, you decide! Ha!


Now if you want to make your own Tiny Mice dress, you can get the pattern here. Or visit Annalisa's Etsy shop if you want to browse her other patterns -- if you're anything like I am, you'll find them hard to resist! And then come join the FB group to share your makes. Everyone in that group is so helpful, and Annalisa is always there to offer great customer support!!

Happy sewing!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga!! Sorry I'm so late to reply to this!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Emi. I agree, there's something very satisfying about a fully-lined dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it took me so long to reply -- Thank you, Marisa!! And yes! Though there is something to be said for simple facings and bias, I do love a fully lined dress!!

      Delete
  3. It's lovely, Emi! You always sew the most amazing dresses for your little girls!=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie. You always say the nicest things!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Another perfect "pattern+fabric combo" Emi ! :D And I need this pattern now... haha (Too bad, the picture of the belt seems to be "broken" :( )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Soso <3 I hope you got the pattern? ;) And thank you for the heads-up about the link. Strangely it seems to work for me!

      Delete
  5. How did I miss this? I guess that's when my Internet was down! What a lovely dress! This fabric could only be a dress (clever Father Christmas hehe). I absolutely love this pattern :) Thank you for linking up to my posts :) I am tossing between Tiny Mice and BFF for my little one. I have the softest vintage brushed cotton that is screaming to become one of those dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jenya! I loved your versions so much. Can't wait to see what you make next -- whether it's the Tiny Mice or BFF. I vote for both, haha! I want to make more, too.

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik