Thursday, April 14, 2016

I love Puperita!

It's no secret how much I love Puperita patterns. Or, if it is, it shouldn't be! I mean, I REALLY love them!! 

So when Jenya of While she was sleeping suggested a suprise blog post in appreciation of Annalisa's patterns, I jumped at the chance. Who wouldn't, right? In addition to being a talented and exacting pattern designer, Annalisa is one of the most generous people I have never met. It's always so lovely when the person behind the designs has such a big heart. 

I have had the pleasure to test for her a couple of times (I posted one example here). My most recent test for her was for the Lil Critters Romper Skirt.



Each time, I have been impressed by her attention to detail and the way that her patterns come together. Her styles are timeless and classic, and both of my daughters always love whatever I make using Puperita patterns. 

But back to the dress in the first photo. It's the Fairy Girl Dress pattern, and it was the first time I had made this pattern, though goodness knows how long I've had it. And goodness knows why I waited so long to make it! It's such a sweet pattern, and if you know me, you know that I love me a pretty flutter sleeve.



I made the straight size 5, knowing that it would be big on her, but (again) I wanted something that would last her through the summer and into the autumn, where I would be able to layer it with a nice turtleneck, maybe. 

I left off the pretty sash and kept it simple with two buttons as closures for this wrap dress. The pattern recommends using a snap on the other side (inside), but I know my girls (especially the younger), and a snap would not keep things in place, so I made a buttonhole and sewed a button on the inside. Not as pretty, but sturdy.



Now let's talk about this fabric. So pretty, right? It's Coral from the Woodland Clearing collection by Liesl Gibson for Robert Kaufman fabrics. I bought it from Urban Sew, and I was really happy with the service (good communication and it arrived in a timely manner). And the fabric is so light and airy. Just beautiful. Luckily I had some pretty grey fabric from Cotton + Steel, which I believe I bought from Miss Matatabi, that went together pretty well, I think. I swear I ironed and pressed it before we left the house, but once we stopped for lunch and playtime, well....



Let's just say that it means this dress is playtime-perfect! Although I left off the sash, I think having a sash would give this dress a totally different look, especially with a "fancy" fabric. Might have to try that another time, heh heh.

If you're interested in having a browse of some of the other Puperita patterns, you can have a look here. I posted about the Tiny Mice dress here, and the Starry Girl dress here, if you'd like to see some more photos.



Speaking of photos, you will not want to miss all of the other amazing women who are showing their love for Puperita today! And if you have sewn some Puperita patterns yourself, you might want to join the Puperita Facebook group and show off your lovely creations -- everyone is so wonderful and helpful in that group!

Thank you so much, Jenya, for organizing this -- and I hope it was a nice surprise for you, Annalisa! <3 



Emi ~ Just Add Fabric     Jaime ~ Made By Jaime      Janice ~ So-Cal Sewing Mom
Soso ~Moineau & Petit Pois     Nuala ~ clootie dumplings     Pam ~ Threading My Way
Maria ~ Fairies, Bubbles & Co.     Shelly ~ Sew Shelly Sew     Chari ~ Take time to smell the rose
Helen ~ The DIY Fox     Karly ~ Paisley Roots     Sanae ~ Sanae Ishida
Janet ~ 7 Pine Design     Jenya ~ While she was sleeping

23 comments:

  1. Love the double flutter sleeve, Emi. The crossover style looks like the dress will be easy for your little girl to put on and take off herself. A practical and pretty dress that will do doubt get lots of wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam! She was thrilled that she didn't need any help with this dress, and yes it will be worn a lot, I'm sure!

      Delete
  2. Gah, what a beautiful dress. The fabric and style is just the perfect match. Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mie! I was hoping to hoard (erm, save) the fabric for a little bit longer, but I knew it had to become this dress ;)

      Delete
  3. So cute! This pattern is the first Puperita pattern I ever bought even though I knew it wouldn't fit for a few years. I just loved it! I love yours too. Fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily!! It is a wonderful pattern, isn't it? I am definitely making more now!

      Delete
  4. Perfect, those double sleeves are amazing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miranda! I seriously have a weakness for flutter sleeves!

      Delete
  5. Love love love ! Perfect pattern+fabric combo as always ! I also bought this pattern 2 years ago and still haven't made it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Soso!! I loved your Hula Hoop!! I hope you make this one; it's totally worth it!

      Delete
  6. Love this dress, so beautiful! Perfect fabric choice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! Sometimes you just have the perfect fabric in your stash, right? I loved your Liberty style blouse <3

      Delete
  7. The double flutter sleeves are gorgeous! I love the pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And yes! Double flutter sleeves!!! It doesn't get any better ;)

      Delete
  8. Lovely! I want one in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I kind of want one for me, too, heh heh.

      Delete
  9. First of all, thank you Emi for being such a wonderful co-conspirer (is there such word) :) The time and effort you put into this even is highly appreciated :) Gee the dress looks stunning! Love this fabric. I agree, gray looks perfect with it. I know exactly what you mean about playtime friendly dresses hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank YOU, Jenya! I was so happy and honored to be a part of this, and I'd do anything for Annalisa <3 And yes, we are all about playtime-friendly dresses! ;)

      Delete
  10. I just love this dress! I am following you for sure! Totally my style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you like it :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik