Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Miss Polly Blog Tour

I am here on the second day of the Sewpony Miss Polly blog tour with my second version of this sweet little dress. 


This is actually the second version I made during testing, and quite different in feel from the first one I made (see it here). That one was more my daughter's taste and though I love it on her, this version is more something I would choose to make.


I was worried that I might encounter some resistance from my more outspoken child, but she really loves this dress. I think it is a combination of the style (what little girl doesn't love deep pockets?) and the animals on the fabric. I am not sure who makes the animal fabric, but the pockets and lining are Cotton and Steel. I am pretty sure I bought both fabrics from Miss Matatabi's Etsy store, where I tend to get a lot of my fabrics. I can't find it in the shop now, but there are lots of other lovelies to tempt you!


I left off the buttons on the flaps, though I think it would be really cute with some yellow buttons. I might go and add some later if I find the perfect ones. But actually I really like it this way as well because you can see the animals on each flap.

I wanted to go with a more "dressy" feel for this version, so I asked her to wear tights and her shiny shoes (they are a little *ahem* beat up by now -- but it's nothing some black marker can't fix, haha). Of course she was ready to oblige (if it meant that I would let her ride her scooter immediately afterwards, which I did). 



 I made the size 2 again with size 3 for length. I am really happy with the fit, and it looks so cute with the 3/4 sleeves. But now that I have seen more of the sleeveless versions from Day 1 of the tour, I really can't wait to make one for the summer!


You can get your copy of the pattern here. And don't forget to use the code MISSPOLLY15 for 15% off --it works for the other patterns, too! Yay!

Here are the other stops on the tour:



Thanks for visiting! 

14 comments:

  1. I liked it a lot on the hanger... but now I'm crazy in love with it 😍😍😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Bettina, you are the kindest! Thank you, my friend!!

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous dress Emi! I love the tights and shoes too. Thank you for all your help and for being on my blog tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having me on the tour, Suz. This is such a wonderful pattern!!!!

      Delete
  3. It looks great, the fabric is so pretty and the animals on the flaps are a super cute detail, I also wouldn't put botons on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miranda! I think I will keep it the way it is, without the buttons :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!! And I LOVE how you place an animal on each flap - genius. The fabric pairing is SO perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mie <3 I don't know about genius, but I really wanted to try it and see how it would look. Luckily it worked out!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend!!! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  6. really nice dress!
    (aamore.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anke!! I'm glad you like it, too :)

      Delete
  7. It's a beautiful dress! And the flaps look great without the buttons on this print. The other version you made is crazy cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sara. I'm glad you like both versions. I'm trying to figure out what fabric to use for my next one.... ;)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik