Friday, April 8, 2016

What I Learned From Mie: My Favorite Things

I have met some really amazingly talented people in the sewing community, and there is one woman who constantly blows me away with her knowledge, her talent, her creativity, and her generosity. I think of her as rather like Dante's Beatrice (a source of wisdom and guidance). Who is she?



Sewing Guru, Sewing Jedi Master, Genius, Mastermind behind the "Sewing for Kindergarten" series and the "Sew Japan with Mie" series (here and here), Sewing Goddess...these are some of the titles she has been given -- okay, maybe I made them up, heh heh. "She" is Mie of Sewing Like Mad

Now okay, I realize it's unfair to compare Mie to a celestial being, but really she is that amazing! And I'm not the only one who thinks so:

What I learnt From Mie from Celina Bailey on Vimeo.

And if you haven't already, you should definitely take a look at some of her fabulous creations! Let's start with one of my recent favorites - the Fishtail Kimono variation. See her post here.



Who can forget the fabulous Girl Musketeer costume post? What kind of awesome mom makes costumes like this for Halloween??


This post featuring the Tip Top Tunic and Morocco Pants was another favorite post -- it has two of my all-time favorite patterns in one place!!



Who doesn't love overalls? Right? I mean, look at these!!!



Finally, the STYLO post! I have no words. 




Jaw-dropping, right? And these tutorials! The tutorial section is a goldmine, people! A goldmine! These are just a few that I think you will want to save (go on, you know you want to Pin them):

Invisible zipper tutorial here.

Adding a visible zipper here.

Adding a back yoke to pants with too low a rise here.

And I couldn't talk about Mie without mentioning color-blocking. See her tutorial here

There is so much information on her blog. I highly recommend you go browse it. You won't be disappointed (do I sound like a PR manager now, or what? haha).

Thank you for letting me post your gorgeous photos here, Mie, you rock star!!



And sorry I had to fib to you about my actual post, but there was no way I was letting the cat out of the bag ;) 

Be sure to check out these posts sharing the love for Mie:

Jenya - While she was sleeping
Olu - Needle and Ted
Victoria - As it seams
Maria - My cozy co
An - Straight Grain
Erin - Erin Always
Abby - Sew Much Ado
Gabriela - Chalk and Notch
Annika - Nah-Connection
Marta - Doguincho
Hayley - Welcome to the Mouse House 

Thank you, Mie! We all love you so much!!!! xxx

Celina . Petit à Petit and Family, Abby . Sew Much Ado, Rita . Conversas de Hermanas, Heidi . Handmade Frenzy, Olu . Needle and Ted, An . StraightGrain, Jenya . While she was Sleeping, Trine . Groovy Baby and Mama, Andreia . In a Manner of Sewing, Jess . Sewing Rabbit, Hayley . Welcome to the Mouse House, Marta . Do Guincho, Maria . My Cozy Co, Natalie . La Gang à Nat, Holli . Hello Holli, Erin . Erin Always, Olga . Coffee and Thread, Delia . Delia Creates, Alida . Alida Makes, Gabriela . Chalk and Notch, Victoria . As it Seams, Rachel . Stitched Together, Chelise . Chelise Patternson, Emi . Just Add Fabric, Inês . La Folie

4 comments:

  1. You TOTALLY tricked me there hahahaha! I actually only realized that when I started reading this post. Man, that is hilarious. THANK YOU...as pr usual you are WAY too kind. I'm blushing and I'm shocked and I'm very very happy and proud. Thank YOU for being such a good friend, supporter and PR manager! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, my trick worked, haha! I am so happy and honored to call you my friend (and mentor, heh heh). And hurray -- so I'm promoted to PR manager?! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ohh I love your choices! They are all amazing but I agree that Stylo clothes are just perfection! <3
    Thank you so much for taking part in this surprise sweet Emi. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for organizing this and including me, Ines! You are a wonderful friend!!!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik