Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Wild and Free Lounge Pants from Coffee and Thread


I'm always on the lookout for a great pants pattern, and when I saw the tester call for these super fun Wild and Free Lounge Pants from Coffee and Thread, I knew they would not disappoint!


So if you've been following along with me on my sewing adventures, you will know that I tend to sew for one daughter at a time. It's not always fair, I give you that, but I don't really go in for the matchy-matchy sister look. That said...
Sometimes you just have to give in and let them wear the same outfit. Yes, I am now THAT mom!



My mom sent her granddaughters these matching t-shirts, which I thought would be the perfect complement to the Art Gallery fabric I'd been hoarding saving for myself. It's such a pretty navy color, and my daughters are both obsessed with dandelions, so I thought "Why not?" 

The pattern ranges from size 9-12M to 12 years. It's a confident beginner friendly pattern, so if you're like me and afraid to sew with knits, you don't need to worry because it is not difficult at all. Especially if you choose View B, as I did.  


You can make it with or without pockets. For my younger daughter, who is on the slim side compared to her big sister, I sewed a size 2 with 3 length, and I think it fit her quite well. I highly recommend following the fabric recommendations (at least 25% stretch), because I sewed my first pair with French terry, and um....no. If you're going to be a sewing rebel (and hey, that's fine by me), you might want to size up -- and let me know how it goes! :)  


For my older daughter, I made the straight size 5. With pockets. I didn't want them being EXACTLY the same, after all. I stitched the pockets in place using one of the decorative stitches that came with my machine. I never know when to use those stitches, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try it out. 

The pattern is tiled, so you can print only the size(s) you need, and it comes with files for plotter machines (Silhouette) and animal designs so you can paint your own wild (or tame) animals. If you want to make View A and would like some inspiration, you can see the many adorable tester versions here.

The pattern is on sale for only $5.00 through Thursday, April 28th, 11:59 pm EST. You can get your copy here. And once you've made yours, you can share it in the Coffee and Thread Facebook group here

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Your are a THAT awesome mum ;) Love these! I can't wait one or two hundred for Miss R haha and the bubs of course, when she grows into the smallest size hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya!! You always say the sweetest things <3 I think your girls will look absolutely adorable in these pants!!

      Delete
  2. Aaa. They are sooo cute! Love the fabric and the look! So adorable! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olga! I love your patterns so much (if you couldn't already tell, haha!) <3

      Delete
  3. I love that fabric!!!!! My daughters love to twin too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi. I am starting to see the fun in twinning. Might have to do it more often, hee hee.

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik