Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pandalicious Blog Tour

Art Gallery Fabrics is one company that always makes me swoon over their designs and quality. As soon as I caught a glimpse of the Pandalicious line by Katarina Roccella, I immediately wanted everything. No exaggeration. Everything. 
When I first started sewing, I often indiscriminately bought fabric that my daughters said they liked in the hope that they would agree to wear what I made. This included unicorns, cats, and other cute and fluffy animated characters. Nothing wrong with that, but then one day, I discovered Art Gallery Fabrics. Well, it was like the skies cleared and birds started singing. I was in a world where clothes were lovely to touch and I wasn't tearing my hair out trying to sew with knits. So you can imagine my joy when I was invited to join this tour with all of these talented women: 

By the way, there's a great giveaway you can enter at the end of this post and a chance to win a Titchy Threads pattern, so please keep reading!


I have wanted to make the Petal Fold Playsuit from the moment I saw the Fold|2 Collection from Madeit Patterns, in particular, when I saw Toya's gorgeous version. However, my daughter "doesn't do" playsuits, so for the tour I considered making a dress. After some back and forth (thank you, Anna & Olu!), I decided to go with a longer version of the playsuit. A bit grown-up for her, but it's balanced out by the flutter sleeves I decided to add. At least, I like to think so, ha ha. Best part? It's dress-like enough that my daughter approves of it, phew! 
I made a quick muslin of the culottes to make sure the bottom wouldn't be too voluminous when I lengthened it. Now that I see it finished, I think I could have lengthened from the bottom because I really like the wide-legged look. I probably should have made a size 4 with size 5 for length (or maybe even a 6 since she has a long torso), but oh well.
I used Zhu Nectar for the pleated panel on the bodice and the lining for the flutter sleeve, and the rest of the playsuit was made using Hidden Panda Leaf.

Then came my little one. She can be soooo difficult. But this fabric! Nothing difficult about it; it's incredible. I really wanted to keep it for myself. In fact, I've already bought some more fabric from this collection to make something for me, heh heh. 
I can't say enough times that this Yinghua Cherrylight knit was a dream to sew with. I had originally intended to make a Japanese pattern set for my younger daughter using the Cherrylight and the Hidden Panda Cottonbud fabrics. The set was so cute. But you'll just have to take my word for it because my capricious child changed her mind and rejected it in favor of a dress.
So I planned to make the Balloon Fold Dress from Madeit Patterns. But my headstrong child the Groove Dress won. And with the cool twirl factor, I could hardly blame her -- especially since I have made one for myself using a Leah Duncan Art Gallery knit. And I love it.

So there was the question of what I should make with the Hidden Panda Cottonbud since I was no longer making the Japanese set. Turns out the answer was simple: a Titchy Threads pattern. 
I made my little one's favorite Twisted Tank using Hidden Panda and the leftover Cherrylight. Unfortunately, I didn't check the stretch properly and so my neck and armbands were too short, hence the pulling you see. After consulting with my Sewing Guru (otherwise known as Mie), I realized I should have tested it out first because she reminded me that all knits act differently. Don't do what I did, friends! 

I didn't have enough of the Hidden Panda left to make bottoms, so I decided to use my precious Limestone Feel Indigo to make some Unfancy Pants. I made the straight size 3, but I should have lengthened them so she can wear them for longer. I love the waistband of these pants, which unfortunately I forgot to photograph (you can catch a glimpse here). Judging from my daughter's reaction, though, they are very comfortable.
Of course I couldn't resist a matching look for my big girl. I turned to one of my absolute favorite t-shirt patterns: the Rowan Tee. I was inspired by the dress Mie made for her daughter using the Safari Raglan Tee, but I wanted mine to have a fitted waist. So I went with the Rowan and used the shorter bodice with the hem piece as the waistband. I then cut the skirt using Jolie Jupe from Filles a Maman because I like the shape of it (though with all the gathering I did, maybe you can't really see the shape anymore)


A heartfelt thank you to Art Gallery for the gorgeous fabric, and virtual hugs and a thank you to Karly for having me on this tour! You'll definitely want to check out the other blogs if you haven't already (plus there are chances to win other prizes from each blogger). So many fun looks using this fabulous collection! 

You can see the whole line here: Pandalicious Line
And check out the Pandalicious Look Book!


And now for the giveaway. Enter the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a copy of the Linen, Wool, Cotton Kids Pattern Book & 2 yards of Hidden Panda Cottonbud in knit. You will not be disappointed!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

For a chance to win a Titchy Threads pattern, please leave a comment below saying which one you would love to sew, and a winner will be chosen by the end of the tour week! Good luck and thanks for visiting!

UPDATE: The winner has been chosen via Random.org and it was Boevenbende!! Congratulations - I will be in touch!

65 comments:

  1. Emi for President! I'm saying that all the time and I'm so right 😎. You created so many unique outfits - all in your signature style. Wow! I love them all, especially the Groooooove Dress. I can hear her say: Nope, mommy, balloon dresses are not on my list... Best Bettina 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bettina, thank you so much!! And you certainly don't want someone like me for president, hahaha!! And yes, that Groove Dress is definitely a favorite -- I've got requests to make more, ha!

      Delete
  2. I would love to try my luck to win the Safari Raglan pattern. Thanks, Emi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Melyana! I'll be having a random draw for the pattern soon ;)

      Delete
  3. I just love all these looks!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! And thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Everything is so beautiful, you are very talented!The playsuit is absolutely gorgeous!

    (I have my eyes on the Small Fry Skinny jeans from Titchy Threads :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! I am quite fond of the playsuit, too, and so happy that I finally got to make it ;) Oh, and Small Fry Skinny jeans are on my to-make list, too. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Everything you made is so fantastic! That little pink dress tho...
    And I could have (and probably have) written what you did about Art Gallery Fabrics and Mie the sewing genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! Art Gallery is sooooooo fabulous, right? And so is Mie! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow Emi you have been busy . The Petal Fold Playsuit works really well when lengthened, and the shoulder frills are really cute. I knew you could work it 😊.

    Gosh, I LOVE the Groove Dress in that fabric it's adorable, just so pretty. And the shoes....

    The other outfits are great too, especially the detail you did for the twisted tank.

    You've got a pretty smart panda collection going on for your girls. Lucky them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olu! Yes, I went a bit crazy, but I just couldn't help myself when the fabrics arrived. I might have squealed a little and lost my composure... I'm so happy I finally got to make the Playsuit because I've been wanting to make one for the longest time. And you know how much I love the Groove Dress. Such a perfect pattern. Well, all the Madeit Patterns are so perfect, actually! <3

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful collection you made! And I love that little headstrong girl in her self chosen twirly dress :) And I would love to sew one of my boys the twisted trousers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much!! And excellent choice on the trousers! Good luck and I will post here when the winner is selected.

      Delete
    2. You are the winner, congratulations!! I will be in touch shortly :)

      Delete
  8. You love sewing, and it shows in every single thing you post. And I love that, of course :) You have done a terrific job yet again. The fold play-suit is my absolute fave in the collection. The pleating detail is amazing, and I think you have chosen such beautiful colours. Pink and green are so pretty together. And the groove dress - man I would have kept that fabric all to myself... Who am I kidding? Miss R would have been twirling wrapped in it in no time at all! haha Your girlies will enjoy the rest of summer and autumn looking cool and feeling comfy :) Thumbs up my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya. You are always so wonderful and supportive. You are the best!! And I wouldn't blame you or your girl at all for wanting to wrap yourselves up in this fabric. It really is that wonderful ;)

      Delete
  9. Wow Emi! Beautiful work! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anita! And thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  10. Your girls are very lucky to have a talented mother like you. My daughter must be green with envy seeing their wardrobe..

    As my daughter likes to play with water, I'd love to try my luck on Azur reversible swimsuit.

    Keep up the goodwork, Emi! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Rika. I suspect your daughter would say we have far too many dresses, haha! And ooooh the Azur! I haven't made it yet, but I keep telling myself one of these days I will make one, too. Good luck!

      Delete
  11. Love all the patterns, would like to try safari raglan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, Joyce! The Safari Raglan is a great pattern! My girls love theirs. Good luck :)

      Delete
  12. OMG, Emi!! I love all the outfits so much!! I have been eyeing the Madeit playsuit for awhile- it looks so sophisticated with the lengthened culottes. And I love how you combined the Jolie skirt with the Rowan tee. Lastly, although I could go on and on, how cool are those Unfancy pants?!

    I already have a few Titchy Threads patterns- I'm also a fan of the Twisted Tank- so I think the next one I would like to add to my collection is the Twisted Trousers :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alison, you should definitely go for the Playsuit! It is great -- I love the bodice so much. I've made the separates, too, and really love the culottes as a stand alone pattern. And ah, I feel like I didn't do justice to the Unfancy Pants! I need to make more, I think. The Twisted Trousers is another pattern I've been meaning to make for the longest time. I'll be having the random draw soon! Good luck <3

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you, awesome Olga! You are the best xxx

      Delete
  14. What a bunch of lovely things you sewed for this tour! Difficult children are so fun. ;). I'd love a chance to win a Titchy Threads pattern, I've been looking at the skinny jeans for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, and thank you for reading my long post :) I haven't had a chance to make the Skinny Jeans yet, but I can say that based on the others that I have made, you will not be disappointed with any of the Titchy Threads patterns. Good luck!

      Delete
  15. Nice work, I love how you combined the different fabrics. My kids are just as headstrong and it can be so frustrating and wonderful at the same time! Ps. I have wanted to try the Small Fry skinny jeans pattern forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! You're right; it's fun getting the kids involved, but it can pose some challenges as well... ;)

      Delete
  16. Emi, you are amazing. Every look is so perfect and adorable! Thank you so much for being on tour with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for having me, Karly! Everyone's makes were so amazing and inspirational!

      Delete
  17. I am so in love with the Fold Playsuit! The pockets and the pleated panel are so special, and so is you ruffle sleeve addition! I would never have thought of making them into culottes, but I love the result. Especially your fabric combination: the green and the pink are so sweet together that it doesn't look too grown up at all. Maybe I'll try a lookalike for myself? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva! I definitely recommend the Playsuit -- if you try it for yourself, I do hope you share!

      Delete
  18. Emi! I am so impressed!! I love all 4 of your outfits :) so good. The playsuit might be my favorite, I love how you lengthened it! We are also a huge fan of the groove dress in this house and I so agree that the art gallery knit fabric is a dream to work with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriela! All the outfits are definitely favorites -- and I am still working up the nerve to sew that lovely backpack you made! Bags are not my forte, haha.

      Delete
  19. Very nice work! I'd love to be able to give the Hawthorne a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fenna! I'll be choosing shortly :)

      Delete
  20. Thanks for the contest!
    The 3y-12y jeans would be awesome for my grandlovebug. She's way tall for her age, and Oma's gonna have to make a lot of her clothes. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will choose shortly and will post the winner here on this page. :)

      Delete
  21. Love them all Emi! You've been busy! I'd love to give the safari raglan a go from Titchy threads too! 😉✌️🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brooke! The Safari Raglan is definitely a winner :)

      Delete
  22. Wow, you made 4! I love them all :). I should definetely make the Twisted tank once for Isabella, she would love it, just like your daughter.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nelleke! I think you definitely should!

      Delete
  23. Myyyyy goodness this is all kinds of fabulous. I'm obsessed with all the styles and that cherry light knit - gaaaaah, I need that in my life. The dress you made with Rowan is aaaaamazing and those Unfancy Pants - way too cool (in good way of course haha). The playsuit has incredible details. What an amazing job you have done here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mie! You definitely need the knit. It is so, so wonderful. I know you would make something special with it!

      Delete
  24. Emi!!! I'm late to your party! I think I lost track of when I've read the actual post vs Instagram vs facebook shares. I'm sorry for being a bad sew sister! I love ALL of your creations! I've been eyeing the Groove dress sinces its testing call and it looks fabulous in this fabric. And those Unfancy are on my wish list too! Well done and great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Cassy! I am the same way -- it's hard when I'm posting everywhere, heh heh. Thank you for stopping by - I loved your makes, too! So inspiring!!!

      Delete
  25. Wow, this is all amazing Emi! I love how the Zhu Nectar print looks when pleated and the changes you made to the playsuit pattern. The Rowan Tee turned dress is fantastic too. A beautiful collection of clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura. Your patterns are so reliable and professional that I know I'm in good hands when I use anything from Titchy Threads!

      Delete
  26. Wow Emi, you sure did take advantage of that fabric tour offer - I mean you sure did sew up a storm! ;)
    Such productivity but all such lovely garments too! Great work. My personal favs might be the t-shirt and skirt set and the groove dress. Pretty fabrics and simple, clean lines rock my boat!
    The additional length on the playsuit was a brilliant idea as the extra at he bottom balances out everything that's going on up top. Super sewing Emi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelley! And yes, I definitely did -- I think it turned out a bit crazy because my original plan went bust, heh heh. So glad you liked everything because you are such a sewing inspiration to me!

      Delete
  27. I can see why you made 4 outfits! That fabric is adorable!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodi! I'm a big fan of this line!!

      Delete
  28. So many beautiful things and so many beautiful fabrics!! You are Wonder Woman for sure!

    I have had the Small Fry's in my sights forever, but I also love the twisted tank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Heidi, you're too kind! I haven't tried the Small Frys yet, but the ones I have seen so far have all been great. And I love the Twisted Tank, too!

      Delete
  29. Emi, I love everything you make! I love the safari raglan tee and dress, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! The Safari Raglan is one of my favorite patterns!

      Delete
  30. Wow Emi! I love all your outfits! The pleats take my breath way though!!! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sam. The pleats on the playsuit are really something special, aren't they!! I can't take any credit for them because it's all the pattern ;)

      Delete
  31. INSANE! Those pleats are bananas. JUST BANANAS, I tell you!! Brava, Emi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat!! It's all this amazing pattern, I swear!! xxx

      Delete
  32. What great outfits, love all the different versions Emi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thao! I had so much fun sewing for this tour <3

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik