Monday, August 15, 2016

Everyday Blouse: House of Pinheiro x UpCraft Club

Hi. Me again. In Liberty fabric! I know, shockeroo, right? Stay tuned for more awkward photos...


Maybe you have already heard by now, but the talented and prolific Rachel of House of Pinheiro designed the chic Everyday Blouse as part of UpCraft Club's custom pattern service. You can read Rachel's take on it here, and UpCraft have posted about it here. It's a really cool service, and you know you are in good hands with them.

Now. The photos. If there's anyone who can get me sewing for myself and giving you some strained smiles for your entertainment, it's Gabriela over with the team at UpCraft Club. I love Gabriela's work, so I would have agreed to anything (well, just about) -- and lucky me! This blouse pattern is lovely!


I made the straight size XXS based on my chest measurement. I like the length as is, but there is a lengthen/shorten line for those who need it. My shoulders are broad for my size, so I probably should have made some adjustments when sewing this version. But I think it still works and it's comfortable to wear, so I'm not complaining. 


I like that you can dress up the blouse with a pretty skirt or wear it with jeans for a more casual, everyday look. I also love how the elastic in the shoulders gives the blouse a unique look, and the exposed side zipper is pretty cool, too. (You can see how it looks in Marie's post here, Sara's post here, Maria's post here, Diana's post here and Leslie's IG here.) That said, I went with an invisible/concealed zipper on my version because I thought it would be nicer with this Liberty fabric.




It just wouldn't be a selfish sewing post without another classic look of mine, would it? This one says: "let's hurry up and wrap up this photo shoot before all those people on line at the burger restaurant across the street get tired of staring at their phones and start looking over here." 

During testing, I made a version that I eventually made sleeveless -- mainly because I cut the sleeves wrong and didn't have enough fabric to re-do it. Oops. But I think I managed to save it. What do you think? I just closed the armholes by sewing the facing to the bodice using the "burrito method."



This is also a size XXS with the concealed zip. I used a lovely cotton sateen fabric that I bought from Miss Matatabi. And guess what -- it's still available!! I think I am going to have to get more of it, heh heh. It's so soft to the touch and feels wonderful on. Perfect for this blouse, even without sleeves. 




Today is the last day you can get the blouse on sale for the launch price of USD10! You can buy it hereHappy sewing!

15 comments:

  1. They are both great on you! And I love this Everyday Blouse too... Wearing it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelleke! It's really comfortable, isn't it!

      Delete
  2. haha your are gorgeous and funny :) Did the people at the burger place take their eyes off their phones eventually? haha Oh Liberty for something for you - how lovely! I think you did a great job 'rescuing' the test version. IN fact I would go as far as to say I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya, for your kind words (as always)!! I doubt they would even have noticed me -- I'm not in the running for "object of interest" when there is Pokemon Go happening, haha!

      Delete
  3. IF the people at the burger restaurant would ever get tired of their phones, they'd get a great view! Beautiful blouses and beautiful you! Only the posing skills need some more practice ;-) Maybe one of them happens to be a professional stylist or photographer that loves to help a hand? ;-) I always pair my blouses with jeans, but actually it's a great idea to wear a skirt underneath! I must try this! (and sew some more skirts to fit my blouses, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you're so funny!! Definitely not a great view -- at least, not of me, but no one can deny that Liberty fabric is lovely to look at, and even better to wear ;) I could definitely have used some help from a professional stylist because tired husbands aren't really that helpful, ha!!! I hope you do try it with a skirt! And yes to sewing more skirts!

      Delete
    2. Tired husbands are never a good idea, haha! You deserve a professional photographer instead!

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha you are kind to say so, but I am hardly model material! I can't even write that without laughing at myself!

      Delete
  4. Wow, they are both wonderful versions but I really really like that sleeveless version. I might copy you on that. And the photos are so good. You are brave taking photos in public! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mie! I hope you do make the sleeveless version...and maybe one in navy? And stripes? Heh heh. Once I get over the initial embarrassment of going out in public, it's not so bad -- fortunately (??) in Tokyo there are lots of people doing the same, hahaha!

      Delete
  5. They are both great, but I am in love with the sleeveless version! So cool! The photos are great! The people at the burger joint should have paid more attention to the beauty in front of them, instead of their phones. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are both great but I think I like the second one more... or maybe it's just that beautiful smile of yours. ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Patricia, you are the sweetest!! Thank you always for your kindness <3

      Delete
  7. You are so cuuuute ♥♥♥ I love both versions, but the sleeveless one is sooo gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Soso, I'm glad you like it. I was sort of worried it was too cool for me, haha ;)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik