Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Hoppe Jumpsuit Tour: Straight Grain and 128

Today I am sharing the Hoppe Jumpsuit that I made for my younger daughter. 




From the moment she saw the design to when I chose the fabrics and then told her the name of the pattern, my little girl could not contain her excitement. "This is for me, right, Mommy? For me? Just me? And it's my perfect one because I love jumping, Mommy! I'm always jumping!" I could not stop laughing.  




Have you ever had a child hound you every day for her outfit -- when it's not a twirly dress? I'm telling you, it's the magic of Straight Grain + 128. Usually my girls will not even bother looking at something if it's not a dress. Well, not so with this pattern. 



Okay, the details first. I knew as soon as I saw the line drawings that I wanted to make View B with the pleat, which I did -- buuuuut I didn't include the pockets (I know, I know, anathema in toddler world). I made the size 4 even though I probably could have made the 3, but height-wise she is a size 4 and I figured it would be okay since it's kind of a loose-fitting style that will take her through the colder months. In hindsight, I should have shortened the elastic in the back, though.



And maybe I should have used navy fabric for the facing because the ivory peeking through kind of bothers me. But hey, design feature! Right? Right?



So, the fabrics. I have been trying to be very good and resist buying anything new, and I've been pretty good so far. These are fabrics from my stash, and I bought them from one of my favorite shops in Tokyo: Rick Rack. The anchor fabric is one I used when I made the Safari Raglan for my older daughter (which my younger one wears now). I knew that I wanted to pair it with stripes for my next project, but for the longest time I could not find a pattern that would suit. As soon as I saw the pleat, I knew this was the one I had been waiting for.



I didn't have enough fabric to make one for my older daughter, but I have promised her a Hoppe in time for the colder weather a few months from now. Which sounds about right at the pace I'm sewing these days, haha. Don't worry; she has her fabric chosen already. 

Look at how my daughter is trying to find pockets -- pockets that I didn't put in because I am so mean. I knew she'd want them, but I couldn't face having to dig through them before each wash to pull out rocks and leaves and insects. Um, sorrynotsorry. It's okay. She just gave me the leaves to hold and went on her merry way. 



I will leave you with one last photo. Her I-am-a-model-who-gets-a-wind-fan-because-I-am-so-fabulous look. Hahaha!



If you want to make a fabulous Hoppe for your child, head on over to An's shop here. There's a 10% discount with the code HOPPETOUR10. 

Be sure to check out the other stops on the tour. There are many wonderful versions of this pattern! 



Happy sewing!

18 comments:

  1. Oooh so super adorable! And I love your fabric combination, it's perfect all together ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelleke!! I just got lucky -- I was originally going to use the anchor fabric for the back, too, but just didn't have enough. I actually think it's better this way, phew!

      Delete
  2. I love your version and that pop of red!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriela! I was a little unsure about the red, but luckily it worked out okay :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh my! I looooove this one! so nice! Thank you so much x Fabienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fabienne! I'm so happy you like it!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga, my friend!! Mwah xxx

      Delete
  5. Love it! She's too cute Emi! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emi... Your Hoppe is SO SO good. I love that you made the pleated version (most people make the simplified version) and I love how great you're making it look. The fabric combo is simply perfect, and your girl wears it so well (that jump photo!!). xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soooo happy you like it! As soon as I saw the pattern, there was no question -- I HAD to do the pleat! I hope it's obvious how much my daughter loves it, and hopefully I will be able to make another one for my older daughter before winter comes! xxx

      Delete
  7. Looks fabulous! I didn't know it was a pleat. That's a great feature! Love it! Your daughter looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana! Yes!! The pleat is so cool. The instructions for sewing it are great and clear, too. I highly recommend it :)

      Delete
  8. Soooo cute ! I need this pattern now... (hopefully, summer is almost gone hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need it!! It's good for layering during the colder months, too, I'm sure! ;)

      Delete
  9. I'm in love with your Hoppe! Super stylish, it's really fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's such a great pattern, isn't it! xxx

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik