Sunday, December 4, 2016

Petit a Petit Sewing Block After Party!!

I'm baaaaack! I'm not a big party-goer, but THIS After Party I wanted to be part of, so here I am today with the Petit a Petit Loveralls!


When I first saw the original Loveralls pattern, I knew I had to make one with a skirt for my daughter. Celina, genius designer that she is -- and a woman who understands the way little girls' hearts work -- decided she would have both a pants version and a skirt version because who says girls can't have it all? ;)

Both my girls are big on dresses with twirl (surprise, surprise), so it was a no-brainer that I altered the pattern a bit to have a gathered skirt rather than the chic skirt that comes with the original Loveralls Skirt pattern. I am not the only one to have this idea. If you recall, Kristi from Sweet KM started off the party with a bang.


I made what is probably the simplest version of this pattern. After a brief consultation with my daughter, I went with the mid-rise bib without the pocket, though in hindsight I totally should have added that adorable heart. Next time! She also requested the gathered skirt ("so the dress will be big when I twirl"). I used snaps instead of buttons on the side, mainly because I couldn't find any buttons in my stash that went with the fabrics. 


The fabric for the Loverall Skirt? I knew you were wondering -- I got them both from the wonderful Imagine Gnats shop, one of the sponsors for the Sewing Block Party. I cannot say enough good things about Rachael. In addition to running a fabulous shop with great customer service, she is just a generous, giving human being

For the bib I used Euclid Overprinted Essex Linen in Cadet Hustle and the skirt is a lovely lawn from Monaluna, appropriately called Sun Spots, which is unfortunately out of stock, but there are other pretty fabrics available from Monaluna in her shop. You can't really see from the pictures (or maybe you can), but it was quite windy that day and the skirt kept flying around. Looking at these pictures, I probably should have made it a bit longer. Maybe I can add a petticoat underneath, haha!


The top you might recognize as the modified Waterfall Raglan from Chalk and Notch, which I talked about here. That whimsical Art Gallery fabric is from the other terrific sponsor for the party, Raspberry Creek Fabrics. This is another lovely, lovely shop that I can't recommend highly enough. Diana is so friendly and accommodating that once you shop RCF you will find it hard not to keep going back. At least, that's what happened to me, haha. There's even a friendly Facebook group where you can share your makes.

Just a side note on my daughter's shoes. They are by Joyfolie, and as you can see, one of the ribbons fell off after just two wears and we lost it because she was dancing so much in the park after some birthday photos. I immediately wrote to them and asked if I could buy a ribbon to glue on the shoe -- and can you believe it? Joyfolie replaced her shoes FOR FREE. Now how's that for wonderful customer service! Thank you, Joyfolie! 

I am hoping that the big smile on my daughter's face says it all. She loves her Loveralls, and I really do need to finish the Loveralls shorts hack (I used the Morocco Pants as a guide) that I started ages and ages ago. At least, I'd better finish them before the spring!! 

You can still get 20% off all the patterns in the shop (now accepting PayPal - woo hoo!!) with the code BLOCKPARTY. Good until December 7th, midnight EST. 

12/4 - Just Add Fabric

8 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful. And she looks so happy, makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tone! She really does love this outfit. She begged and begged to wear it to bed that night I made it, lol.

      Delete
  2. That's exactly what I had in mind for Gabrielle!!! I love your choice of fabrics and the twist with the gathered skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elsa! I hope you share yours when you get the chance to make it!

      Delete
  3. This is so darling! Gigi would love this, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Justine! What little girl doesn't love a twirly dress, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this version Emi. It is such a fun and twirly little number!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya! I love that with this pattern you can go as simple or as complex as you want. Twirl is always a plus, too!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik