Friday, February 17, 2017

The Marlene Top for Naeh-Connection

I've been sewing a lot more with knits this year, which has been one of my resolutions (to conquer my fear of knits, that is). Fortunately, it coincides with my daughters' recent preference for knitwear.


With all the dresses I tend to sew, there is a decided lack of shirts in my daughters' closets. Especially long-sleeved t-shirts. This is where the Marlene pattern came to the rescue. It is now available in English in the Naeh-Connection shop.


I love the boatneck shape of this top, but obviously my favorite detail is the shoulder inset pieces. I had some Lisette knit leftover from the time I made the Poppy's Peplum Pants from Filles a Maman, so I decided I couldn't let any of it go to waste, especially since my good friend had brought it all the way over from Australia. And doesn't the Marlene go pretty well with the pants?


For the main top, I used my precious, precious Nosh fabric that I must have bought over a year ago now. I had always intended it for my older girl because she was born in the year of the tiger, but I wasn't sure what to make with it. This is such a cool fabric. I don't think it's available anymore, but there are plenty more amazing jersey fabrics in the shop. I am sure you will love everything from Nosh. I always do.


See? It totally makes you want to dance! (Which is a major thing in our household for a garment that isn't a dress.) Oh, and as you can see, I made the top a little bigger than my daughter's current size, as I so often do because I want their clothes to last longer than just a season. I'm stingy like that, haha. 


Now I'm off to make another - maybe with that amazing flying geese fabric

If you want to make one for yourself, you can find the Miss Marlene HERE. And you can get your copy of the Marlene shirt pattern HERE. Both are discounted until Monday, February 20. 

Note: I received the pattern as part of the Naeh-Connection Ambassadors program. 

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Just darling! So jealous of the lisette knit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily!! I didn't want to use it when she first brought it back -- and then I thought it would be wasteful to let it just sit there (not that it's stopped me before, haha). ;)

      Delete
  2. It is such a comfy top. Love the fabrics you used for it. I don't think it looks too big. A kid dancing in a top is a win for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenya! I'm really tempted to make one for myself as well now. And yes, dancing is always a sure sign! :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik