The Rumi Pullover by Cali Faye Collection
As you might already know, I tend to sew mostly for my daughters, but occasionally I will see a design that makes me want to sew for myself. This is one such pattern. It has all the cool elements of what I recognize as the Cali Faye style: easygoing, casual chic.
|So this is basically what I look like on a daily basis: messy hair in what can't even be called a bun and some eyeliner so at least I look like I tried, HA! I went all out for you guys, see? Not.|
- Hip-length, dolman-style sleeve top.
- Sizes XXS to XXL.
- No colored ink necessary. No scaling required.
- Step-by-step tutorial with illustrated instructions to provide extensive detail. Lengthening/Shortening provisions included.
- This design is best paired with durable knits, or textured knits of medium weight with slight stretch and 100% recovery. The best options to consider are those which have noticeable texture.
- Sewing level: Intermediate/Advanced
For the version pictured here, I used a sweater knit bought locally at a shop called Rick Rack. It must have been, hm...two years ago now? I have been afraid of sewing with stripes, but figured I needed to get going on that one otherwise I will never sew through my stash. For the bias at the neckline, I used a woven red polka dot pre-made bias tape and tacked on the bow once I'd finished because...well, I like bows.
My regret with this fabric (and my usual lament as of late) is that I didn't buy enough of it to stripe-match the cuffs. In fact, it was touch and go as to whether I would even have enough for the cuffs at all. SO I had to "match" them as best I could.
As you can see, I shortened the front by about 4.5cm and kept the back at the length of the pattern. I made no other changes. For your reference, I made the XXS. I am about 5'1" though I have been known to stand on tip toe and insist I am 5'2".
A thank you to my husband for playing photographer again.
And what's a photo shoot without being photo-bombed, right? ;)
You can see more amazing tester versions of this top in Sarah's blog post here.
The Rumi Pullover is on sale at 30% off with the code NEW RELEASE until Sunday, October 15th 11:59pm EST.